I would like to document the opinions of both sides that I come across. I'll come back to update this post when I come across new articles.
Motion: There is a STEM Crisis
For the Motion
- Rosen, L., The Truth Hurts: The STEM Crisis Is Not a Myth, The Blog, The Huffinton Post, September 11, 2013
- Xue, Y., Larson, R. STEM crisis or STEM surplus? Yes and yes
Against the Motion
- Teitelbaum, M.S., The Myth of the Science and Engineering Shortage, The Atlantic, March 19, 2014
- MAnft, M.,The STEM Crisis: Reality or Myth?, The Chronicle of Higher Eucation, November 11, 2013. [Cached PDF]
- Charette, R.N., "The STEM crisis is a myth," Spectrum, IEEE , vol.50, no.9, pp.44,59, September 2013. doi: 10.1109/MSPEC.2013.6587189
- Computer science graduates struggle to find work despite IT skills shortage
- Americans Won't Like Hearing The Real Reason That Silicon Valley Is Pushing So Hard For Immigration Reform
- Is there really a shortage of STEM graduates?
- Matloff, N., A Disappointing Paper on the Question of Possible STEM Shortages