Thursday, October 27, 2016

Copying Files to Network Shared Folder Crashes Windows 10 Explorer

I sometimes copy files to network shared folders on a Windows 10 host. The action often crashes the Windows 10 explorer, and you would observe that  the Windows 10 explorer is terminated and restarted  when this happens.

A solution that has helped me was from this discussion. That is, check the "Always show icons, never thumbnails" from the "Folder View". As the following screen captures shows, to access the Folder View, you need to  choose "View" from the Folder window, click "Option" from the Ribbon, and choose "Change folder and search options". On the "Folder and Search Options" popup window, select the "View" tab, and from the Fold View, check "Always show icons, never thumbnails", and click the "OK" button to confirm.






2 comments:

  1. Even though you believe that you are the only person accessing your computer, you can't be sure at all times. With a folder locking mechanism put to good use, data theft can be avoided completely Folder lock

    ReplyDelete
  2. My spouse and I stumbled over here from a different website and thought I might check things out. I like what I see so now i am following you. Look forward to looking into your web page repeatedly. click now How To Password Protect Folder When Nobody Else Will

    ReplyDelete