Thursday, March 3, 2016

Extra Fonts for LaTex using Texlive on Ubuntu

One day, when I compiled a LaTex file, I encountered the following error,


-- Verifying Times compatible math font.
** Times compatible math font not found, forcing.
** No Times compatible math font package found. newtxmath is required.

! LaTeX Error: File `newtxmath.sty' not found.

It appears that others also encountered similar. The solution is simple. It is just to install additional fonts that are Times compatible. I am using Texlive on a Ubuntu system. On Ubuntu, perhaps, other Debian-based Linux system, you can install additional fonts for LaTeX as follows,

sudo apt-get install texlive-fonts-extra

The error went away after I installed the package.

9 comments:

  1. use :
    sudo apt-get install texlive-full

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank-you Gray Chen for the command re textlive at the top of this set of postings, it solved two hours of frustration in 2 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure that everyone will benefit from this. That's an excellent thing you're doing. It's a good idea to keep going. If you play video games, you should use Auto-Clicker Software. Computer programs that simulate mouse clicks are called automated clickers, or auto clickers. Various programs can offer keyboard alerts, conditional responses, and even triggers. As a result, you should download the software from the mouse auto clicker profile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely blog and how nicely you posted it. Thanks for sharing such valuable information. Children often play with spinners. They enjoy spinning them. I searched around to find ways to make spinners out of things I had at home when I first started making games for my classes. I then found this article about how to make spinning wheel online very helpful. I highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your sharing. Thanks to this blog I can learn more things. Expand your knowledge and abilities. Actually the article is very practical. Thank you. For instant support related to Change AOL Mail Password please contact our team for instant help

    ReplyDelete
  8. Though I usually don't comment on blogs, your article convinced me so much that I could not resist saying something. Great job, Man. Read this article about APM Test Mouse. You can play this test as a game its useful for everyone to increasing action click speed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. For me, your thoughts have changed the game. I appreciate the information. This piece, which I recently came upon, is quite interesting. Look it over Color Blindness. It appears as though portions of the eyes' color-sensing cells are absent or aren't functioning properly.

    ReplyDelete