Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Fixing Missing Battery Icon Problem on a Windows 10 Laptop

On a Windows 10 laptop, somehow the battery icon disappeared from the System Tray in the Taskbar. Two methods suggested in a Microsoft Answers post and in a TenForums post worked for me.

Method 1.
  1. Open the "Device Manager" from the Control Panel or the Settings menu, disabled and then re-enabled "AC Adapter" and "ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery".

Method 2.
  1. Run the Group Policy Editors gpedit.msc as Administrator 
  2. Navigate to expand "User Configuration", "Administrative Templates", and then "Start Menu and Taskbar", locate "Remove the battery meter", choose "Disable". 
  3. Restart the computer.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this useful solution.I have been searching for this as I have been facing this problem with my laptop. It helped me to resolve the issue.

    ReplyDelete